Subject: PARS Discussion Group

PARS Discussion Group

From: Tom Teper <tteper>
Date: Tuesday, January 8, 2002
PARS Discussion Group meeting at ALA Mid-winter
Embassy Suites, Lafitte II (please check location in conference
schedule)
Sunday, January 20th
4:30-6

Topics

A.  The Role of the Discussion Group

    Wes Boomgaarden, Preservation Librarian at Ohio State
    University, will lead a discussion about how discussion groups
    can better support our information sharing and networking.

B.  RBMS Security Committee and PARS

    Anne Marie Lane, Curator of Rare Books at the American Heritage
    Center, University of Wyoming Library and co-chair of the RBMS
    Security Committee, will begin a discussion about the
    possibility of increased cooperation between our units in terms
    of security concerns. Examples of guidelines previously
    developed by RBMS are available at
    <URL:http://www.rbms.nd.edu/>. The ACRL Guidelines Regarding
    Thefts in Libraries is on the home page's top level, and the
    ACRL Guidelines for the Security of Rare Books, Manuscripts, and
    Other Special Collections is located under the "Standards and
    Guidelines" section of the web site.

                Distributed: Saturday, January 12, 2002