Subject: Leather dressing

Leather dressing

From: Barbara Appelbaum <aandh>
Date: Wednesday, December 26, 2001
I have been given two beaded Plains bags to treat.  They both appear
to have been treated with some kind of leather dressing:  both the
beads and skins are sticky, and the skin is also shiny, and has a
somewhat translucent look.  Petroleum benzine removes a layer from
the beads, and I am wondering if it makes sense to try to remove at
least some of the dressing from the skin.  Any ideas?  Has anyone
done this and kept track of the behavior of the skin afterwards?

Barbara Appelbaum

                 Distributed: Thursday, January 3, 2002