Subject: Mourning jewellery

Mourning jewellery

From: Len Hambleton <lhambleton>
Date: Thursday, December 20, 2001
Our museum has several oval lockets containing human hair on the
verso, miniatures portraits of the deceased painted in, I suspect,
watercolours on ivory. Over time static electricity has lifted and
attached paint fragments to the glass . There is no obvious seal to
break to gain access to clean and stabilize. Has anyone the secret
on how these were made and how they can be opened. Thank you and
Seasons Greetings to y'all from the South,

Len Hambleton-Chief Conservator
North Carolina Museum of History
4650 Mail Service Center
Raleigh NC 27699-4650
919-715-0200 xt 244

                Distributed: Thursday, December 20, 2001