Subject: Source for post binders

Source for post binders

From: Bonnie Clark <boclark>
Date: Friday, December 7, 2001
Margaret Monroe <margaret_h_monroe [at] dot__ca__gov> writes

>I need some hardware so I can use a supply of old post binders for
>our records/archives.

You might try a company called Lee Valley.  They have a web site at
<URL:http://www.leevalley.com> and stores across Canada (the closest
to you would be in Vancouver).  I believe the items you are looking
for are called 'Chicago bolts' in the hardware section of the Lee
Valley catalog.  I don't know what the diameter of these posts are,
but they are made of brass and come in different lengths.

Bonnie Clark
Preservation Survey Methodologist
A/Preservation Analysis and Planning Officer
Preservation Branch
National Archives of Canada
625 boul. du Carrefour
Gatineau, QC K1A 0N3