Subject: Mold on mummy

Mold on mummy

From: Vera B. Espinola <icona>
Date: Friday, December 7, 2001
I would like to thank all who answered my question regarding the
mummy and to give an update. I removed the mold on the mummy with a
mini-vac, which is only an aesthetic and temporary solution. The
environmental controls, especially control of humidity, will be
corrected when the museum adds an addition this summer. Thanks again
to all my fellow conservators. This is a great forum.

Vera Espinola-Beery

                 Distributed: Friday, December 7, 2001