Subject: Cryovac system

Cryovac system

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Thursday, December 6, 2001
Sue Gatenby <sueg [at] phm__gov__au>

>I am working on a collection storage project which may involve the
>long term storage of objects in  Cryovac bags with controlled
>relative humidity atmosphere (no nitrogen).

I would strongly suggest you contact your supplier and find out what
plastic the bags are made of.  As I understand, "Cryovac" is a
business name, and any bag could be called a Cryovac bag. You may
find the descriptions of various common barrier film bags at
<URL:http://www.keepsafe.ca> to be useful.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Supplies and Solutions for Microclimate and Oxygen-free storage
Fax: 416-703-5991
Object and Textile Conservation Services Ltd.

                 Distributed: Friday, December 7, 2001