Subject: Preservation needs assessment consultant

Preservation needs assessment consultant

From: Burt Altman <baltman>
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2001
    author.

We are looking for a consultant to perform a preservation needs
assessment of our Special Collections local historical manuscripts
collections. The goals of the project are to produce a report
identifying and prioritizing specific preservation needs, and a
long-range preservation plan describing the steps necessary to
address those needs.

We have been awarded grant funding for this project, scheduled to
take place in May 2002.The maximum consultant fee that can be paid
for this project is $400 per day. This cost is separate from travel,
lodging, and other expenses.

If anyone is interested and available to do such a project, please
contact me and send a copy of your resume. Thank you.

    **** Moderator's comments:   The Foundation of the American
    Institute for Conservation (FAIC) has a service called the AIC
    Guide to Conservation Services, which will help you find a
    conservator in a particular specialty and geographic area.

        American Institute for Conservation
        1717 K Street, NW, Suite 200
        Washington, DC 20006
        202-452-9545