Subject: Styrene acrylic copolymer

Styrene acrylic copolymer

From: Carolyn Lamb <carolynpaintingconservator>
Date: Monday, December 3, 2001
I am trying to identify the Artists paint trade name and/or Resin
brand of a styrene/nbutylacrylate/methyl methacrylate varnish from
approximately 1972.  The painting itself is reputedly painted in
Aquatec (Bocour Inc). The artist thinks it was probably a Lefranc
varnish (or medium)but can't remember. It may be Liquitex. I have
found references to styrene/acrylic copolymers in use in Britain
(Vinacryl 712) but has anyone analysed Aquatec varnish, Liquitex
varnish  or found  styrene/acrylics showing up elsewhere?

                 Distributed: Tuesday, December 4, 2001