Subject: Preservation photocopying

Preservation photocopying

From: Ian Batterham <ianb>
Date: Thursday, November 29, 2001
Thank you to Mark Vine for drawing attention to our publication
'Photocopying and Laser Printing Processes--Their Stability and
Permanence'. Unfortunately Mark's information is a little out of
date. The Australian Archives has of late changed its name to 'The
National Archives of Australia' and our current postal address is:

    PO Box 7425
    Canberra Mail Centre
    ACT, 2610, Australia

Furthermore we have moved into the digital age and have our own
web site at: <URL:http://www.naa.gov.au/>

On that web site in the section 'Preservation'
(<URL:http://www.naa.gov.au/recordkeeping/preservation/summary.html>)
is much information which may be of use to persons with queries
about archival preservation. These include a range of 'Archives
Advices' on various subjects including Thermal Copy Papers and
Integrated Pest Management. Also there are information on our
Archival quality trademark scheme for paper and board products, our
Photographic Activity Testing program and disaster planning.

Archives Advice No 37 (Photocopies and laser prints) has replaced
and updated the leaflet referred to by mark Vine.

Ian Batterham
Assistant Director, Preservation
National Archives of Australia
PO Box 7425,