Subject: Warehouse

Warehouse

From: Louise Window <louise.window>
Date: Wednesday, November 28, 2001
Marianne Martin-Weldon <rjweldon [at] mindspring__com> writes

>I would appreciate advice from any other conservators that have
>experienced rehabbing an old warehouse for museum storage.
>Particularly the "I wish I had known" type of things, and any
>references that you found useful.

I have some experience adapting a 19th Century Textile Mill for
museum storage, one of the books I found incredibly useful was,
'Museum Collections in Industrial Buildings, A Selection and
adaptation guide' Edited by May Cassar, 1996.

   "Combines strategic and practical advice on how to use industrial
    buildings for museum purposes in an accessible, safe and
    environmentally stable way. Designed as a planning tool for both
    museums and building consultants, this book contains vital
    information and advice."

I found it achieved the above and was also accessible to many levels.
The publication can be obtained from

    Resource
    16 Queen Anne's Gate
    London SW1 9AA