Subject: Preservation photocopying

Preservation photocopying

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <hkaplan>
Date: Monday, November 26, 2001
Thank you to all those who responded with recommendations for
preservation photocopying to me personally over the long
Thanksgiving weekend.  There were 10 email responses (mostly in the
northeast) along with 2 telephone responses.  In addition to
traditional "photocopying," I understand that scanning and printing
are also now available.

For those searching in the future, I offer (below) references to the
resources I received, reproduced in alphabetical order. Those
recommending a particular company indicated that they were quite
satisfied with the work performed.

    ACME
    617-242-1100
    <URL:http://www.acmebook.com>

    Bridgeport
    1-800-223-5083
    <URL:http://www.bnbindery.com>

    Etherington Conservation Center
    1-877-391-1317
    http://icibinding.com/conservation/drs.htm

Along with helping me in my effort to assist the individual posing
the query,  this was a true tribute to the usefulness of the
DistList. Thanks again,

Hilary A. Kaplan
Conservator
Georgia Department of Archives and History
330 Capitol Avenue, SE
Atlanta, GA 30334
404-656-3554
Fax: 404-651-8471