Subject: Preservation photocopying

Preservation photocopying

From: Mark Vine <100436.3447>
Date: Wednesday, November 21, 2001
Hilary A. Kaplan <hkaplan [at] sos__state__ga__us> writes

>I've received a call from a citizen interested in preservation
>photocopy. ...
>... I'd be grateful if someone with
>up-to-date knowledge could provide contact information for those
>still performing this service.

The Custody and Preservation Section of the Australian Archives
Central Office, PO Box 34, Dickson ACT 2602, Australia produced an
excellent leaflet in 1993 titled 'Photocopying and Laser Printing
Processes--Their Stability and Permanence' along with a similar
leaflet 'Thermal Paper--How to Use and Keep Documents Created on
It'.

Might I suggest that Ms Kaplan's contact get in touch with the
Australian Archives to enquire as to whether these leaflets are
still available, whether they have been updated and what if any is
their cost.

Mark Vine
Conservation Resources (UK) Ltd
England