Subject: Paraloid B72

Paraloid B72

From: Teresa Lanca <tlanca>
Date: Friday, November 9, 2001
I'm having problems with Paraloid B72 mixed with alcohol as a
fixative for a blue pigment of a book of the 16th century. It seems
that the pigment loses is natural brightness and turns opaque (it
seems that have a white film upon the letters of the text). I don't
know why this happens and what can I use as a substitute (perhaps
hydroxy methylcellulose?)

Teresa Lanca
Biblioteca Nacional
Portugal