Subject: Flooring

Flooring

From: Eliza Gilligan <gilligane>
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2001
We are planning to replace the floor in one of our galleries and
have been looking into a couple of options.  One of the exhibit
designers has proposed cork floor tiles but bamboo has also been
suggested.  Does anyone have experience with either material?  A
search of the Cons DistList archives has only one query on cork
floors, perhaps there is some updated information out there?

Eliza Gilligan
Book Conservator
Preservation and Exhibition Services Department
Smithsonian Institution Libraries
SISC Rm 2H7
Washington, DC 20560-0806

                 Distributed: Monday, November 12, 2001