Subject: Publication on collection surveys

Publication on collection surveys

From: Helen Lindsay <helen.lindsay>
Date: Monday, November 5, 2001
In Conservation DistList Instance: 15:35 Monday, October 29, 2001, I
wrote

>As part of a Library and Information Commission (now Resource)
>funded research project published in 2000, Nancy Bell and I produced
>a 'Critical review of ten collections care assessment and benchmark
>schemes'. We looked at the aim of the schemes, what they were
>assessing and how the survey was conducted.

I wanted to clarify the information I gave regarding ways to obtain
this publication. Unfortunately it is not available as a text on the
web and has to be purchased as a paper copy from the Thesis Service
of the British Library Document Supply Centre. The cost overseas is
#17.50 and payment can be made either by credit card or by
registering with the BLDSC. You can view the BLDSC services from
<URL:http://www.bl.uk/index.html> or email them directly on
<dsc-british-thesis-service [at] bl__uk> (+44-1937-546229, Fax: +44 1937
546286)

Ask for:

    Library and Information Commission (LIC) Research Report 55
    "Benchmarks in Collections Care for UK Libraries:
    ISBN 1-902394-27 5
    ISSN 1466-2949

Helen Lindsay
Senior Conservator