Subject: Telegram

Telegram

From: Pia Berntsen <pb>
Date: Monday, October 29, 2001
We have a telegram from the end of the second world war in our
department. The telegram is a gummed paper tape broken into six
pieces and adhered to the back of a paper written on a machine. The
text on the tape is marked with ink dots. It looks as if the ink
that now it has faded have been purple. The tape itself has turned
yellow and brittle. I would like to dismount the tape and give it a
proper treatment and housing but is very concerned about the ink.
Knowledge from treatment of similar type of tape ore information
about the type of inks that have been used for teleprinting will be
appreciated.

Pia Berntsen
Paperconservator
Odense City Museums