Subject: Call for papers--Wooden Artifacts Group

Call for papers--Wooden Artifacts Group

From: Arlen Heginbotham <aheginbotham>
Date: Thursday, October 25, 2001
The Wooden Artifacts Group of the American Institute for
Conservation is looking for a few good talks.

The 2002 Annual Meeting in Miami is coming up and now is the time to
give serious thought to what you have done in the last few years
that your colleagues in the Wooden Artifacts Group would benefit
from hearing about. Remember your responsibility to your chosen
profession!  Especially if you have not given a talk in a long time
or if you have never given a talk at an AIC meeting, please consider
making the little extra effort this year to share your knowledge and
experience. All subject matter is welcome, but the focus of this
year's session will be on recent developments in treatment
procedures and materials.  So if you have had a particularly
interesting treatment, or have found a new way to solve an old
problem, please, please, please, "make that call!"   There is no
free travel mug, but a stimulating and informative meeting will be
it's own reward.

In order to encourage the greatest possible number of submissions, I
have made some changes to this year's session format.  For the Miami
meeting, you can choose to give a 20 minute talk, a 30 minute talk,
or a simple 2-4 minute "tip" during this year's tips session.  So
whether you want to present  a major treatment or a simple
time-saving device you've rigged up, there is a talk format for you.

If you think you might be interested in giving a talk, please
contact me, Arlen Heginbotham,*before December 1*, and I'll be sure
to talk you into it. I can be reached by phone at 310-440-7178, or
e-mail me at aheginbotham [at] getty__edu.  Thanks very much and I look
forward to seeing you in Miami,

Arlen Heginbotham
2001-2002 WAG Session Chair

                 Distributed: Monday, October 29, 2001