Subject: Dry paper pulp

Dry paper pulp

From: Kecia Fong <klfong>
Date: Monday, October 22, 2001
Does anyone know of a source for acid free dry paper pulp?  I am
interested in using the material for poultices.  To date I have been
purchasing acid free cotton linters, tearing them by hand, soaking
the pieces in water, and sometimes using the additional help of a
blender to create a useable pulp.

I have contacted a number of conservation supply companies in the
United States without success.  I would appreciate learning of
suppliers, preferably, but not limited to North America.

Kecia Fong
Conservator
Simpson Gumpertz and Heger Inc.
222 Sutter Street, Suite 300