Subject: Lime painting on plaster

Lime painting on plaster

From: Catherine Reymond <atelierarte>
Date: Thursday, October 18, 2001
I'm looking for literature and especially practical experience for
consolidation of (probably) lime painting on plaster. If not lime,
then the painting is on an aqueous basis. The plaster has sucked
the binding material with the time and the painting is now only
powder, just like an unfixed pastel. It's even impossible to use a
brush on it. The only possible way of consolidation would be a
spray, I've been thinking of pastel fixative and also
methylcellulose but I couldn't try anything by now.

Catherine Reymond
Geneva, Switzerland

                 Distributed: Monday, October 22, 2001