Subject: Cataloging software

Cataloging software

From: Franklin Silverstone <info>
Date: Monday, October 22, 2001
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This item comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender.

I am curator to Andy and Charles Bronfman--Mr. Bronfman was until
recently the senior partner of Seagram's and Universal. Prior to
working with the Bronfmans, I was a senior partner at Phillips--the
London auction rooms--heading their art departments until 1979.  The
Bronfman collections encompass many different types of objects, from
impressionist paintings and antique furniture, to silver,
contemporary decorative arts, photographs and wine. Over 7,000
objects in all.

A number of years ago I began to search for a software application
equal to the task of handling collections with the scope of those I
manage. I found none. And that is why my partners and I have spent
over 4 years infusing MyStuff with our combined expertise in the
arts, antiques and collectibles fields, yielding a product I
honestly believe to be second to none in the market today.

We all know that conservators are currently using various home-made
or dramatically doctored software programs for tracking both a
client's objects and their own personal collections. Also, the
preservation and maintenance of large collections requires diligence
and sophisticated tracking capabilities most well-priced products
typically do not offer. Most commercially available software is
either directed to the gallery/museum professional or to the
collector. Collectify MyStuff solves this problem by providing an
easy-to-use yet comprehensive product that can be used by both
conservator and client alike. Its thorough cataloging features do
encourage clients to keep track of important information that may
assist you in the design of your professional conservation program
for them, including provenance, condition, records of past
conservation treatment, and visual documentation.

MyStuff is highly flexible in that it can handle almost any type of
collection--paintings, sculpture, decorative arts, furniture,
jewelry, watches, coins, carpets, musical instruments, silver,
militaria, collectibles, books, maps, photographs, prints and so on.
Based on the affordable price of $99.95 and the proactive technical
support offered at Collectify, you may choose to supply copies of
MyStuff directly to your clients, standardizing reporting and
documentation of conservation and preservation treatments.

You may wish to request a free 30-day trial version of MyStuff on CD
from Collectify, or download it directly from
<URL:http://www.collectify.com>. Either way, though I am biased, I
do feel you will be more than pleasantly surprised at the
sophistication of this piece of software.

Franklin Silverstone

                 Distributed: Monday, October 22, 2001