Subject: Water alarms

Water alarms

From: Karen Potje <kpotje>
Date: Monday, October 15, 2001
Iona McCraith <iona.mccraith [at] sympatico__ca> writes

>Does anyone know of any company in Canada, which sells water alert
>alarms (for flooding on the floor) that can be connected to a
>security monitoring system?

At the Canadian Centre for Architecture we use  the Tracetek leak
detection and location system, which was installed here in 1988 by
an American company, "Raychem".  (According the the 1995 brochure I
have, you can contact them at

    Raychem Corp
    300 Constitution Dr.
    Menlo Park CA 94025-1164
    1-800-553-1737
    Fax: 415-361-3215

Iona, you can call me directly if you want me to describe the system.

Karen Potje
Chef du Service de la conservation/restauration
Centre Canadien d'Architecture

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 16, 2001