Subject: Fossils

Fossils

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 2001
Christine Ianna <christinei [at] qm__qld__gov__au> writes

>I have been approached by a member of our Vertebrate Fossils section
>requesting advice on alternatives to PVA for consolidating and
>adhering large fossil specimens even smaller ones for that matter.

I refer you to Mark Goodwin, Chief Museum Scientist at the
University of California, Berkeley Museum of Paleontology.  I think
his number is still 510-643-9745.  He has been experimenting with a
number of adhesives over the years and I benefited from
conversations with him some years ago on this subject.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 9, 2001