Subject: Fossils

Fossils

From: Christine Ianna <christinei>
Date: Friday, October 5, 2001
I have been approached by a member of our Vertebrate Fossils section
requesting advice on alternatives to PVA for consolidating and
adhering large fossil specimens even smaller ones for that matter.
Paraloid B72 has been used on occasion but it was felt that it had
some shortcomings and consequently they were investigating
alternatives. This is a new area to me and I would appreciate
receiving information from colleagues with respect to their
experiences with either PVA or Paraloid and whether there are other
materials being used for this purpose that we should be considering.

Christine Ianna
Senior Conservator
Queensland Museum
PO Box 3300