Subject: Polypropylene CD cases

Polypropylene CD cases

From: Heather Gray <hgray>
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2001
We are evaluating CD cases for storage of our digital image CD-Rs.
Recently, I came across some Internet articles regarding the "Disc
Saver" CD case, made out of polypropylene, not polystyrene like
regular thin jewel cases.  This particular case is made by Stomp,
Inc. <URL:http://www.stompinc.com/>

Does anyone know if polypropylene plastic is approved for archival
use? Also, does anyone have personal experiences with them who can
give me their thoughts on the durability of these cases?

Heather Gray, workstudy graduate student
Maxwell Museum of Anthropology
University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

               Distributed: Thursday, September 27, 2001