Subject: Phonograph discs

Phonograph discs

From: George Bailey <george.bailey>
Date: Thursday, September 27, 2001
Many years ago, when I was just starting out in conservation I heard
someone say that applying boot polish (wax variety) to gramophone
records was an accepted way of preserving them. Can anyone comment
on this, or provide a reference to this type of treatment?

George Bailey
Objects Conservator
Australian War Memorial

               Distributed: Thursday, September 27, 2001