Subject: Insurance

Insurance

From: Kristin N Van Alstine <artworkbydimitrova>
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2001
I'm a Conservator thinking of establishing a private practice. It's
my impression, that insurance is a must. I've contacted several
agents locally, but none admitted having much experience in writing
policies addressing the special needs of a conservator.

I was told, that I would need both Professional Liability to cover
my potential mistakes (Heaven forbid) as well as General Liability
including "Bailee Coverage", this in case my business would burn
down or something of this natural, along with my clients objects.
None of the agents I contacted could marry these two in one policy.
One of the agents suggested I seek the advice of fellow
Conservators... thus, here I am.

    **** Moderator's comments: This topic has been discussed a bit
    before, so be sure to check the DistList archives
    http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/
    New postings are of course welcome

Kristin Dimitrova-Van Alstine
Conservator
Hailey, Idaho

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 18, 2001