Conservation DistList Archives [Date] [Subject] [Author] [SEARCH]

Subject: Convex glass

Convex glass

From: Rebecca Pavitt <rpavitt>
Date: Thursday, September 6, 2001
Scott Carroll <scott_carroll [at] eed__state__ak__us> writes

>Does anyone know of a source for (or even the correct name for) a
>large piece of convex glass that fits over a portrait picture?  This
>is the type of glass that fits into an ornate oval frame and usually
>covers a photograph rather than a painting.

Try "InLine Ovals", a framing supplier who carries oval frames,
glass domes and convex glass.  They have a rudimentary web site at
<URL:>, or 800-456-1232, but you will
probably have to order through a framer.

Rebecca Pavitt
Paper Conservator
Vancouver, B.C.

                  Conservation DistList Instance 15:23
                Distributed: Tuesday, September 11, 2001
                       Message Id: cdl-15-23-006
Received on Thursday, 6 September, 2001

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://