Conservation DistList Archives [Date] [Subject] [Author] [SEARCH]

Subject: Convex glass

Convex glass

From: Kasia Maroney <km99>
Date: Thursday, September 6, 2001
Scott Carroll <scott_carroll [at] eed__state__ak__us> writes

>Does anyone know of a source for (or even the correct name for) a
>large piece of convex glass that fits over a portrait picture?  This
>is the type of glass that fits into an ornate oval frame and usually
>covers a photograph rather than a painting.

In my experience, the glass department at Van Dyke's Restorers,
located in Woonsocket, SD, carries the largest selection of curved
and antique style specialty glass in the industry.  Radius, top
hats, j-bends, serpentine, and flat seeded glass are specialties,
but they're capable of producing custom glass of all kinds.  The
best part:  you can order curved glass of any size through their
catalog, at <URL:> without going to

>From the homepage, go to "Components," and then "Curved glass."
They walk you through how to send measurements to get a custom piece
made, and a phone number is listed if you want to talk directly to a
glass technician.

Kasia Maroney
HFJ Museum of Art
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
Fax: 607-255-9901

                  Conservation DistList Instance 15:23
                Distributed: Tuesday, September 11, 2001
                       Message Id: cdl-15-23-005
Received on Thursday, 6 September, 2001

[Search all CoOL documents]

URL: http://