Subject: UV filtering coatings

UV filtering coatings

From: John R. Hodgson <jhodgson>
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2001
Can anyone recommend a supplier of clear UV filter varnish or
lacquer, suitable for application to leaded light windows,
particularly in the UK? We are concerned to protect the spines of
books from light damage. It is approximately ten years since our
windows were treated, and I understand that the UV filter has a
limited life.

John R. Hodgson,
Head of Archives,
John Rylands University Library of Manchester,
150 Deansgate,
Manchester M3 3EH
+44 161 834 5343
Fax: +44 161 834 5574

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 5, 2001