Subject: Daguerreotype

Daguerreotype

From: Cristina Anichini <difilo>
Date: Saturday, September 1, 2001
Mary Beckett <mebeckett_2000 [at] yahoo__com> writes

>....  Directly behind the metallic plate, in the mount, is a piece
>of strawboard adhered to which is a piece of bright green paper. The
>paper is the same size as the metallic plate.  What is the purpose
>of the green paper?  Why is there paper there at all?  Is the colour
>significant?

Maybe it is there like a further protection or better to close the
back of strawboard like an ornament. Generally the colour is not
significant. It couldn't be part of the original mount.

I'd like to know if the daguerreotype's package is an American one
or a French one.

Cristina Anichini
Photographs Restorer
Via Difilo 41
00124 Roma
+39 6 50911080

               Distributed: Wednesday, September 5, 2001