Subject: Pastels, charcoals, and transport

Pastels, charcoals, and transport

From: Anne Downey <adowney>
Date: Thursday, August 23, 2001
I am in the process of advising a museum regarding exhibition and
loan of some of their paper-based collection materials. They are
very interested in sending some of their pastel and charcoal
drawings out on an extended loan venue. I'm trying to give good
advice (including things they are most likely not wanting to hear),
but have only some rather dated material. Would anyone in the museum
world be interested in sharing any loan policies (or other written
documents) that deal with this subject?

Anne Downey
Senior Paper Conservator
Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts

                 Distributed: Tuesday, August 28, 2001