Subject: Buried paper

Buried paper

From: Lisa Usman <tcrnliu>
Date: Friday, August 10, 2001
I am currently studying a postgrad course at UCL in forensic
archaeology. Originally I trained as an archaeological conservator
so, with this background, I am looking at the excavation, treatment
and retrieval of information from paper documents found in a modern
human burial.

All the conservation of modern paper that I have found refers to
libraries, archives etc, but very little for buried modern paper.
The closest I have found is the "Rubbish" project carried out in the
states. Can anyone help?

Lisa Usman
Institute of Archaeology
University College London