Subject: Remarque parchment

Remarque parchment

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Saturday, August 11, 2001
I am looking for information on "remarque parchment" produced at the
end of the 19th century, especially in the USA in the 1880s. William
Howe Downes in his The Life and Works of Winslow Homer (1911) states
that Homer produced a series of etchings published by C. Klackner,
the New York fine arts publisher in 1887 or 8.  If anyone has any
analytical data on these, or knowledge of treatments done I would
appreciate hearing from you.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service