Subject: Flooring

Flooring

From: Paula Artal-Isbrand <paulaartal-isbrand>
Date: Monday, August 13, 2001
Jeffrey Maish <jmaish [at] getty__edu> writes

>We are in the process of a remodelling a space that has a concrete
>floor that has been patched at different points over the years. This
>lab is for heavy objects, frequently has wheeled lifts and forklifts
>rolling over it so has to be fairly impact resistant as well as
>chemically resistant. We are looking into possible ways to refinish
>the concrete and wondered if anyone has had experience with
>resurfacing concrete floors. ...

You are probably familiar with the Edison Coatings, Inc. lime-based
restoration mortars (Custom System-45)
<URL:http://www.edisoncoatings.com>.  The same company produces a
wide range of other products for masonry repair including
epoxy-based coatings. For example, the product line called
FLEXI-DECK 500 includes heavy duty membranes, sealers, coatings and
linings specifically designed for industrial purposes and are
resistant to traffic abrasion and impact.  Then they have the
products called DECK-TOP 47, 47-RC, which are latex modified
concrete 'resurfacers', for resurfacing scaled concrete floors.

The contact person is Michael Edison, the President of the company
800-747-2220.

Paula Artal-Isbrand
Assistant Objects Conservator
Worcester Art Museum