Subject: Freeze-drying equipment

Freeze-drying equipment

From: Jerry Shiner <info>
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2001
Dee Stubbs <dstubbs [at] nb__aibn__com>, on behalf of
Robert C. Glotzhober <bglotzhober [at] ohiohistory__org> writes

>    If any of you can recommend a source of a compatible new vacuum
>    pump, and help me determine what is compatible, it would be
>    deeply appreciated.

Replacement parts, and component machines, are often very expensive
when purchased separately. (eg. a new automobile wiper
arm/reflector/mirror/bumper, etc.)  As a devotee of the used and
recycled school, I suggest you contact a local graphic arts supplier
and ask for a source of used vacuum pumps and repair people.  I may
be well be wrong, but I suspect that almost any working vacuum pump
would suffice for your freeze dryer, although a smaller unit may
take more time to achieve the vacuum pressure needed.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Microclimate and Oxygen-free storage supplies and solutions
800-683-4696
Fax: 416-703-5991

                 Distributed: Thursday, August 9, 2001