Subject: Flooring

Flooring

From: Mary-Lou Florian <mflorian>
Date: Thursday, August 9, 2001
Jeffrey Maish <jmaish [at] getty__edu> writes

>We are in the process of a remodelling a space that has a concrete
>floor that has been patched at different points over the years. This
>lab is for heavy objects, frequently has wheeled lifts and forklifts
>rolling over it so has to be fairly impact resistant as well as
>chemically resistant. We are looking into possible ways to refinish
>the concrete and wondered if anyone has had experience with
>resurfacing concrete floors. ...

There is a cement resurfacing. The company comes in and applies a
liquid cement which settles to a flat surface.   I am sorry I do not
have a company name, I saw it demonstrated at a Home show just last
fall.

Mary-Lou Florian
Conservation Scientist
Victoria, BC. Canada