Subject: Flooring

Flooring

From: Jeffrey Maish <jmaish>
Date: Monday, August 6, 2001
We are in the process of a remodelling a space that has a concrete
floor that has been patched at different points over the years. This
lab is for heavy objects, frequently has wheeled lifts and forklifts
rolling over it so has to be fairly impact resistant as well as
chemically resistant. We are looking into possible ways to refinish
the concrete and wondered if anyone has had experience with
resurfacing concrete floors.  We'd  like to give the floor surface a
uniform appearance once again.  From my information the only thin
coating we could apply would  be an epoxy with some type of
aggregate but I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Jeffrey Maish
Associate Conservator of Antiquities
The J. Paul Getty Museum
1200 Getty Center Dr. Suite 1000