Subject: Heat set tissue

Heat set tissue

From: Leslie Kruth <lkruth>
Date: Tuesday, July 17, 2001
Is heat set tissue (other than that made by Neschen) a thing of the
past? I still have some Rhoplex AC-73 acrylic resin but do not have
any Plextol B-500 to make the old LC formulation. Has the tissue
disappeared because the products are no longer available? I seem to
remember something about the manufacturer going out of business or
being sold. I have two other products: Rhoplex AC-234 and Rhoplex
N-580, the latter described as "Emulsion of Pressure Sensitive
Acrylic Polymer". Both are ancient and from Conservation Materials,
Ltd. Is anyone familiar with these two products or if there is
something out there with which we might be able to make heat set
tissue again?

Leslie Kruth

                 Distributed: Wednesday, August 8, 2001