Subject: Labelling

Labelling

From: Smadar Gabrieli <smadar.gabrieli>
Date: Sunday, July 15, 2001
Juliette Rogers <juliette [at] nii__net> writes

>I purchased a Pigma Micron pen for labelling between B-72 layers on
>solid collections pieces, but the B-72 top coat washes it clean
>away.  (I note it also washes away with a water-dampened cotton bud,
>so so much for "waterproof!")  Does anyone have a preferred ink for
>use with nibbed pens that can hold up to a camelhair brush with
>acetone-diluted B-72?

I have had similar experience when labelling ceramics, and found
that changing the top coat to B-72 diluted in ethanole largely
solved the problem.  It seems that the acetone of the top layer
dissolves the surface of the ground layer (rather than the ink),
while the ethanole doesn't.

                 Distributed: Wednesday, August 8, 2001