Subject: Polyester film and shelving

Polyester film and shelving

From: Betty Steckman <bsteckman>
Date: Monday, July 9, 2001
A local library is planning to use a mylar-type product as a
protective barrier on their shelving in a special collection. They
have asked me how to fasten the mylar sheets to the shelves so they
don't slip when books are slid off and reshelved. What would be
considered good practice here? I am assuming the shelves are wood,
although they may be metal shelving that is not powder-coated.

Betty Steckman
NJ State Library

                   Distributed: Monday, July 9, 2001