Subject: Building renovation

Building renovation

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Friday, July 6, 2001
Dervilla O'Dwyer <dervodwyer [at] yahoo__com> writes

>... I'd like to hear about methods used to protect any
>objects that could not be moved to alternative storage and the real
>impact of the refurbishment versus expectations but any information
>will be welcomed.

If the items are presently in display cases, you could supply a
constant flow of filtered and tempered air, keeping the display
cases under "positive pressure". The Constant Volume Generator by
Micro Climate Technologies will service up to 6000 cubic feet of
display. If purchased for the renovations only, the unit might not
be cost effective. However, leaving the CVG in place would allow for
less demanding parameters for the room HVAC when the renovation is
over. The unit could later be used to create a micro climate for
storage or display of other materials needing stringent humidity
control (metals, etc.). More information is at
<URL:http://www.keepsafe.ca>

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Micro-climate and Oxygen-free storage for Professional Conservators

                   Distributed: Monday, July 9, 2001