Subject: DuPont Mylar Type D

DuPont Mylar Type D

From: Amparo R De Torres <ator>
Date: Wednesday, June 27, 2001
I have found out about a company that claims to produce a polyester
film identical to Mylar D and Melinex 516: Skyrol It is a Korean
company with a state-of-the-art factory near Atlanta, GA:

    Mr. M. S. Nerurkar
    SKC Inc.
    1000 SKC Drive
    Covinton, GA 30014
    678-342-1150
    lnerurkar [at] skcfilms__com
    <URL:http://www.skcfilms.com>

They are sending me samples in different mils for testing in the
Preservation Research and Testing Division, LOC.  I will publish the
results of the tests when we have them.

Amparo R. de Torres
Special Projects Officer
Conservation Division, LM G 38