Subject: Surveys

Surveys

From: Katrina Klingaman <kklingam>
Date: Monday, June 25, 2001
I am currently investigating different methods of surveying our
library's entire collection to determine priorities for a
preservation policy and disaster preparedness plan.  I am wondering
if anyone could describe how your institution conducted such a
survey.  Was the survey done by an outside professional or done
in-house by staff?  What type of database, forms, and standards did
you use?  Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Katrina L. Klingaman
Lister Hill Library of the Health Sciences
University of Alabama at Birmingham

                  Distributed: Tuesday, June 26, 2001