Subject: Positions at Australian War Memorial

Positions at Australian War Memorial

From: Bronwyn Cosgrove <bronwyn.cosgrove>
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2001
Objects  Conservators
Several positions, Temporary, AWM Broadband 3
(APS Level 2-5) $31,561 - $43,799.
The Australian War Memorial

    The Memorial, Australia's Major Tourist Attraction Award Winner
    for 2000 needs people to provide professional services for
    objects located at our Mitchell annex. The work includes:
    on-going survey, treatment, maintenance and preservation of
    objects; the implementation of new or improved conservation
    processes and techniques; the documentation of work performed on
    objects; and the preparation of objects for access and display.

        Pn 50005014
        Volunteer Coordinator/Large Technology Objects

        Pn 50020534
        Objects - Firearms

        Pn NP
        Small Objects

        Pn 50005015
        Large Technology Objects - Vehicles

            These jobs listed above are available for the period 1
            July 2001 until 30 June 2002 with possible extension.
            Selection may be based on applications.

        Pn 50014541
        Large Technology Objects - Aircraft

            This  job is available for the period 1 July 2001 until
            30 June 2004. Selection may be based on applications.

    Note: Mandatory qualifications, preferably the completion of a
    tertiary qualification in the conservation field, apply to all
    these positions. Applications will only be considered from
    applicants who have Australian residency status.

    Applications should address job documentation available from +61
    2 6243 4304 (24 hrs) and our Home Page noted below. Please quote
    job number. Applications close 14 June 2001.

    Contact John Kemister for further info on +61 2 6243 44929
    <URL:http://www.awm.gov.au/employment/>

Conservator, Photographs, film and sound
$44,612 to 51,247

    Would you enjoy contributing to the professional conservation,
    storage, movement and exhibition of our photographs, sound and
    film collection? We are looking for a conservator with: high
    level professional skills; excellent communication skills; and
    proven time and project management ability. It would also be an
    advantage if you had good people leadership and coordination
    skills.

    Job level is Aust. Public Service Level 6.

    Note: Mandatory qualifications, preferably the completion of a
    tertiary qualification in Photographic, Film or Sound
    Conservation, apply to this job. Applications will only be
    considered from applicants who have Australian residency status.

    Applications should address job documentation available from +61
    2 6243 4304 (24 hrs) and
    <URL:http://www.awm.gov.au/employment/>. Please quote job name.
    Applications close 15 June 2001.

    Your contact for further information is Bernard Kertesz
    +61 2 6243 4411.

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 14, 2001