Subject: Outdoor sculpture

Outdoor sculpture

From: Iris Winkelmeyer <winkelmeyer>
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2001
We are responsible for a small collection of outdoor sculptures from
the sixties and seventies. The metal sculptures are not painted and
due to corrosion have partly suffered badly. The surface shows
spot-like areas with open pores.We treat the sculptures during
summer by removing loose rust with off-brushing and hosing with
water and then, after a period of sunny days, coat them with
Cosmoloid H 80, that is a microcrystalline wax in diluted in
benzine.

We would like to know whether there is a more efficient treatment,
which does not change the surface colour or texture and helps to
prevent corrosion in a better way. We would be happy to share your
experience.

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 14, 2001