Subject: Color standards

Color standards

From: Niccolo Caldararo <caldararo>
Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2001
This is in response to Bob Savage's comment on color comparison from
Ms Arendt's request:  I had the same problem when studying Native
American codices--other scholars had referred to the color of the
codices as they perceived it and the ability to make comparisons,
especially from the ethnohistorical literature (RELACIONES, etc.)
was difficult.  I believe I was the first to use a color reference
system (Munsel) in my study (published in Anthropos).  I agree with
Mr. Savage that reference to color systems or use of a colorimeter
is imperative.

Niccolo Caldararo
Director and Chief Conservator
Conservation Art Service