Subject: Signage

Signage

From: Jerry Fahey <jfahey>
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2001
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> writes

>At the Canadian Centre for Architecture we are going to place "Do
>Not Touch" signs near objects which are being displayed without
>plexiglas covers. ...
>Finally--does the "Do Not Touch" message work, or will people touch
>anyway, given the opportunity?

At the Museum-L archives there are many threads dealing with this
topic. In the "Subject " category type in " touch " or " touching ".
There are also some pretty good horror stories about people handling
the collections. Try them at
<URL:http://home.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?S1=museum-l>

Jerry Fahey
Exhibits Preparator