Subject: Fire suppression

Fire suppression

From: Roger Wulff <museplan>
Date: Monday, June 11, 2001
Norman E. Muller <nmuller [at] princeton__edu> writes

>I have heard that the fire suppressant FM200, when burned, emits
>hydrofluoric acid.  Can someone comment on this, please.  We had
>been considering using this here at The Art Museum, Princeton
>University, when reinstalling one of our storage areas, but this
>information is disturbing, if true.

Due to the fact that my colleague Mr. Ton Cremers the operator of
the Museum Security Web Site in Amsterdam is now on vacation, I have
taken the liberty of responding to your question.  At
<URL:http://www.museum-security.org> you will find many articles on
Fire Suppression.

>At the present time, what is considered the best and safest system
>to use?

At the present time, the best, safest, and least costly system is a
dry pipe water sprinkler system (besides the building code in your
area may mandate it).

Roger Wulff

                  Distributed: Thursday, June 14, 2001