Subject: Mold

Mold

From: Michael Trinkley <chicora>
Date: Thursday, June 7, 2001
Sue Gatenby <sueg [at] phm__gov__au> writes

>I am trying to plan a mould reduction programme for a large storage
>area with mould outbreak. I want to consider the use of UV light
>(200-300nm) combined with Bactigas treatment (tea tree oil active
>component) to reduce the air sopra and surface mould while a clean
>up is undertaken and environmental conditions are up-graded and
>improved.

There are several recent articles on the use of ultraviolet
germicidal irradiation (UVGI), such as "UVGI Design Basics for Air
and Surface Disinfection" (Heating/Piping/AirConditioning, January
2000, pp. 100-110). Most, however, deal with either use in air
streams or to disinfect HVAC coils. Nevertheless, the article may
provide some initial information, especially since it does review
some data on exposure time and lamp considerations.

Michael Trinkley, Ph.D.
Director
Chicora Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 8664