Subject: Mold

Mold

From: Sue Gatenby <sueg>
Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2001
I am trying to plan a mould reduction programme for a large storage
area with mould outbreak. I want to consider the use of UV light
(200-300nm) combined with Bactigas treatment (tea tree oil active
component) to reduce the air sopra and surface mould while a clean
up is undertaken and environmental conditions are up-graded and
improved. I want to ask if anyone has used UV light as a part of
mould reduction and what comments they may have. Has anyone found a
time exposure that is successful; in using this method has it been
successful in reducing or killing mould. What methods were used to
assess this--visible or microbiological plating?

Sue Gatenby
Conservator
Powerhouse Museum
500 Harris Street